Sunday, July 08, 2012

Thunder get steal of draft?


I know my beloved Boston Celtics made out very well in the recently completed 2012 NBA Draft by nabbing lottery-caliber forward Jared Sullinger and 7-foot center Fab Meo out of Syracuse, but I believe that it is the Oklahoma City Thunder that may have gotten the steal of the NBA Draft when they nabbed 6-foot-11 forward Perry Jones III out of Baylor with the 28th pick in the draft.

Jones, was considered a top-five kind of player and possible selection for the first overall pick – until he was red flagged along with Sullinger at the NBA combine by doctors who spotted a potential problem with Jones’ knees.

"Everybody knows that I wasn't supposed to slide as far as I did but, to be honest, I'm happy I did. This is a great organization. I mean, it's the perfect spot," Jones said after holding up his new No. 3 jersey, signifying the suffix on his name.

"I think everything happens for a reason and these guys treat me like family, so I'm more excited to be here than anything."

Call me crazy, but I’m thinking the Oklahoma City Thunder just got another weapon for their already formidable, but still blossoming, assemblage.

No comments:

Post a Comment