Monday, March 19, 2012

What’s wrong with Rafa?

World No.2 Rafael Nadal looks like a different player
after absorbing a series of beat-downs -
all in finals - from World No.1 Novak Djokovic. 
Maybe it’s me Eye on Sports tennis enthusiasts, but if you ask me, something about Rafael Nadal’s recent play looks just a bit “off” if you know what I mean.

Yeah, he did manage to almost win this year’s Aussie Open, while reaching the semis at Indian Wells, but I just don’t see the same fire and passion from one of the game’s most emotional players. Last but not least, I also don’t see the same fear from Rafa’s opponents that I once routinely saw when the unique southpaw routinely took the court – mostly because everyone’s seen how World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has routinely made minced meat out of Spain’s best player.

"He was better than me, and that's it," a disgruntled Nadal said following his loss to Federer. "I understand what I had to do too late to have more chances to win the match."

No comments:

Post a Comment