Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bully for Buffalo!

Don’t ask me why I have this secret love affair going with the Buffalo Bills (even though I really hated them in the 90s) that likely stems from my childhood days when I was running around the asphalt-paved streets of Philadelphia pretending I was the legendary, Hall of Fame running back O.J. Simpson.

Having said that…let me also say that I am fairly impressed with the job that first-year head coach Doug Marrone did in upstate New York, despite what appears to be an underachieving 6-9 record heading into their regular season finale against New England.

Had it not been for the early season injury suffered by gifted rookie quarterback E.J.Manuel, Buffalo could hypothetically have a polar-opposite record to the one they have now. The Bills rank a stellar second in the league in rushing, though the team’s passing attack was mostly anemic at best, particularly with Manuel out and Thaddeus Lewis taking some time to get acclimated.

Anyway, seeing the Bills totally dominate a Miami Dolphins team with a ton to play for was eye-opening to say the least. I think bright things are in store for the Bills and that they could potentially pull off the season-ending upset over New England?


What do you think Eye On Sports NFL fans? Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment