Thursday, February 09, 2012

LeBron Tells Perkins 'Don’t Hold Your Breath' Pal!

LeBron James says he's not apologizing
to Kendrick Perkins - or anyone else for that matter!

If Oklahoma Thunder center Kendrick Perkins is waiting for an apology from LeBron James for his over-the-top Twitter post centered on Blake Griffin’s poster jam over the defensive-minded big man, then he had better not be holding his breath.

Why?

Because, according to James, Perkins is never getting an apology!

"I would never apologize about anything like that when I'm connecting to my fans," James  told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

"Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I'm No. 2 now. Move over #6," James tweeted on Jan. 30 shortly after Griffin's soaring jam.

For his part, James said he didn’t disrespect the former Celtics ‘glue guy’.

"Did I call him out? I mean, did you read the tweet? Did I call him out? I can see why he felt embarrassed. I don't think I was the only one to react to the unbelievable play by Blake and that's what it was all about," James said after the Miami Heat's 102-89 loss to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick
Perkins isn't a fan of Miami's LeBron James.
"Now, if Kendrick Perkins dunked on somebody like that on the other end, I would have done the same thing," James said. "If Perkins dunked on Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan or whatever the case may be, it would be the same thing. That's just my love for the game and connecting with my fans."

Maybe LeBron didn’t mean anything by the Tweet he posted, but I’m saying the young man needs to realize that everything he does these days is being blown out of proportion in a big way – and his actions need to change accordingly.


However, it’s kind of hard to grow up overnight when you’re still very young mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment