Monday, February 13, 2012

No Diggity, No Doubt! …Lin Is Legit!

No Diggity, No Doubt!
Eye On Sports says Jeremy Lin is for real!

Maybe it’s me, but I’m just about fed up with all of the Jeremy Lin haters just licking their chops in anticipation of a bad game or two by ‘overnight’ superstar Jeremy Lin, the team’s new starting point guard.

That’s right Eye On Sports readers, I can’t tell you how many people I’ve heard from that believe Lin will ultimately turn out to be nothing more than a flash in the pan. The saddest part though is that I swear most of the negativity directed towards Lin is mostly because of his Asian heritage.

I like Lin a lot and I believe he is legitimate after seeing him play in all four of New York’s games the last week. First of all, not only is he a solid 6-3 which is great height for a point guard, but he’s also a very good shooter with three-point capability.

Second – and most important – is the fact that Lin makes the game a lot easier for his teammates simply by being a heady player. I love the way he easily navigates into the lane and makes plays for others if the lane gets shut down – or himself – if no defender comes to help on his penetration.

Lin plays the game a lot like Steve Nash if you ask me, though he’s clearly got a long way to go if he ever wants to come close to duplicating what the future Hall of Famer has done on his marvelous career.

Like him or not, at this point, get used to the idea of seeing a lot of Jeremy Lin because I genuinely believe that he’s is going to be a starting point guard in the NBA for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment