Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rose is right, NBA needs to protect him too!

Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick 
Rose is an old school warrior!

I’m generally not one to support today’s mostly overpaid, whining, millionaire athletes, but I’ve got to give my man Derrick Rose some support when he says he sick and tired of being hammered when he drives to the basket these days.

First and foremost, Rose is an ‘old-school’ player that is a flat-out warrior and doesn’t complain very much at all no matter the situation. However, I also think Rose is so good that he often doesn’t get the calls he should – and that any true superstar has always gotten.

Maybe it’s because he’s so fast or maybe it’s because he’s so strong for a point guard, but whatever it is, I agree with Rose … he seems to take more than his fair share of hacks when he drives to the hole (while some other prima donnas get the benefit of the doubt seemingly everytime).

"I'm sick and tired of people trying to take cheap shots at me," Rose said. "I was mad, man. I'm a man, so situations like that, you have to say something."

The bottom line for me is the fact that the NBA needs to protect him just like they do every other MVP caliber superstar, especially those playing in South Beach!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55 AM

    I AGREE THEY HAND EVRTHNG TO JAMES AMD WADE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry Pope8:34 AM

    I had season tickets for the Jordan years and without a doubt the NBA called the fouls that were directed at Mike under the so called Jordan rules that was executed by the other NBA teams because they couldn't stop him any other way. Now Derrick is being subjected to the same hard fouls for the same reason, however it appears that for whatever reason he isn't receiving the calls. Derrick is just as important to the NBA today as Mike was before. I don't think he is asking for special treatment, just call the fouls when they occur and if they are excessive then make the appropriate call, until that commences then the integrity of the NBA is in question.

    ReplyDelete