Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Francona’s right … Red Sox don’t deserve squat!

One good dis deserves another! Former Red Sox 
manager Terry Francona told  his former team no, 
when asked to attend the team's anniversary 
celebrating 100 years of existence for Fenway Park.

Let me get this right Red Sox Nation. The BoSox are having a 100th anniversary celebration this year for Fenway Park (wow, it’s almost as old as my mother-in-law – and way better looking) and the team wants former manager Terry Francona to show up and pretend that everything’s hunky-dory after the way the team made him out to be the biggest scapegoat since Bill Buckner let that innocuous ground ball roll through his legs over two decades ago.

Forget the fact that it was under Francona that the franchise ended an 86-year World Series stretch – and added a second title for good measure – all in the span of eight, not eighty –years.

For the team to trash Francona publicly for his failure to control of slew of veteran players gone wild, was just wrong – and now the team is paying the price.

Francona told a funny story last week about how the team wanted him to attend its anniversary celebration – but how he told them to emphatically step off.

"[Larry Lucchino] called me yesterday," Francona told reporters last Tuesday. "I was in a phone store in Arizona. I had three people standing around me. I was at a little bit of a disadvantage. He got a little perturbed at me, telling me I was being unfair to them. I called him back last night and left him a message. He called me back and we ended up getting into an argument." ... "Until I'm more comfortable with some answers on what happened at the end of the year, I don't want to have much to do with the organization and that's a shame," Francona added.

You know what Eye On Sports baseball fans, As much as it pains me to say this…I genuinely believe the Boston Red Sox don’t deserve to have a class act like Terry Francona grace their stadium for a long time.

Besides, what idiot with half a brain thinks someone is going to embrace them just months after they viciously – and publicly – stabbed them in the back?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Terry needs to be back in Boston and running the show. He was a good skipper with lots left to offer the organization. Bring him Back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 AM

    I agree, Red Sox organization needs to kiss a little B--t and get Terry back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe Mac12:29 PM

    As a life long BoSox fan (and one who was fortunate enough to be there on Oct. 27th, 2004 in St. Louis) I am extremely disappointed with the franchise and the way that they treated Tito on the way out. They should be ashamed of themselves for their actions. I couldn't agree more with Francona's snub. More power to you Tito!!!

    ReplyDelete