Thursday, February 09, 2012

Wow! Tim Thomas Really is An Idiot!

Boston Bruins' goalie Tim Thomas.

It was just over a week ago that Eye On Sports took Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas to ‘out to the shed’ for his political stance against the federal government by not showing up at the White House to meet President Barack Obama with his Boston Bruins teammates and celebrate the 2011 Stanley Cup they won in thrilling fashion last season.

While I did write that Thomas is well within his rights to decline a White House invitation, I also expressed my belief that he was being very foolish for passing up such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Now, I’m really putting Thomas ‘on blast’ for his most recent political nonsense.

Thomas is back in the news after expressing his political beliefs towards the government providing health insurance plans for birth control. Thomas took to his facebook page to post his opinion – this time by quoting a famous passage from a poem written by anti-Nazi theologian Martin Niemoller:

“I Stand with the Catholics in the fight for Religious Freedom.

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

The only American player on the team,
Thomas didn't appear at the White House
ceremony awarding the Bruins
for  winning the Stanley Cup Trophy last season.
Okay, Eye On Sports followers, now maybe it’s me, but I’m thinking Thomas should just shut his trap right now – and I suspect that’s exactly what Bruins management is telling their superstar goalie today.

Thomas has already brought a lot of unwanted attention to the franchise and I suspect the negativity it has surrounded the team with may start to affect the team’s on-ice play at some point in the near future.


Oh yeah, if I’m in the front office of the Boston Bruins, I’m telling Thomas to shut his trap – like, now!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Funny how a so called journalist would tell someone to be silent! hmmm

    ReplyDelete