Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Rose is a Rose, but Not a LeBron!

Not only did the Chicago Bulls get an elite point guard when they drafted native Derrick Rose with the No. 1 overall draft pick three years ago, but apparently they got a ‘throwback’ kind of player with a huge heart in the fleet-footed floor leader.

It’s pretty funny that just one day after I had a conversation with my brother about the state of the NBAS – and more importantly – how reigning MVP Derrick Rose is nothing like many of today’s other cry-baby superstars like LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony, Rose backed up my beliefs by agreeing to sign a five-year extension with his hometown Chicago Bulls.

Rose could have ‘waited’ to see how the Bulls perform over the next season or two before going to look for greener pastures with franchises other than the ones that drafted them, like James and Anthony but he didn’t.

In essence, Rose has said that, ‘either I get it done in Chicago’ or I won’t get it done at all. Either way, I’m not running halfway across the country to team up with some other superstar in search of the next ‘super team’.

Maybe it’s me, but this morning, I’m an NBA fan again – thanks to Derrick Rose!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM

    LeBron and Bosh both played in Cleveland and Toronto for a respectable amount of time (7 years!) before leaving. Rose has another 3 years before the comparison becomes valid...

    ReplyDelete