Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Charles Barkley’s A Jackass!

I’ve always been a huge Charles Barkley supporter, mostly because he’s a tell-it-like-it-is kinda’ guy, much like myself. Having said that, I’ve got to remain true to my personality and give it to my readers straight with no chaser. Charles Barkley’s a jackass!
On Friday, Barkley jumped in the driver’s seat of the Tim Tebow ‘Hate Train’ by coming out with some of the most foolish comments I’ve ever heard out of the former Round Mound of rebound.

"I want to make a personal plea to Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher, Mr. [Julius] Peppers, please stop the madness," Barkley went on air to say on Friday. "I'm just so tired ... I like Tim Tebow. He seems like a good kid, and I wish him success, but I am Tebowed out. So this is my personal plea for you three guys, please stop this madness."

Barkley went on to add that Tebow’s is only getting so much attention because of the media.

"It's clearly a media-drive story," Barkley said. "They just want you to argue about Tim Tebow. Dude, let the kid play. If he can play, good. If he can't play it will show. But to have this argument every single day after five or six games is just ridiculous."

My words for Barkley are simple, but meaningful. First and foremost, dude, you’re a hater of the highest degree.

Second, Tim Tebow’s never done anything to anyone and really lives a life that backs up the morals and values all Christians should have, so maybe Barkley should redirect all of the ‘hate’ he’s sending towards Tim Tebow to some of the multitude of morale-less, law-breaking thugs that mostly define today’s thuggish NBA players.

Last but not least, maybe Barkley should remember that he too was once thought to be a ‘curiosity’ more than a ‘real basketball player’ coming out of Auburn University as a seriously undersized 6-foot-6-inch ‘power forward.

If Barkley could overcome his massive lack of height that is reserved for ‘traditional’ 6-foot-9-inch power forwards and become a Hall of Fame player at the position then he should realize that Tim Tebow could very well do the same of the gridiron.

Sure, Tebow’s not ‘conventional’ in any sense of the word, but neither was Charles Barkely – and yet he succeeded. Now he’s ripping Tebow for absolutely no good reason at all – which tells me that Charles Barkley is a jackass!

No comments:

Post a Comment