Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Helpin’ the Heat!


LeBron James and the Miami Heat got some help 
from referees in Game 1 against Boston.

I’m sorry Eye On Sports NBA fanatics, but seeing the referees ‘help’ the Miami Heat to their convincing 93-79 win over the aging Boston Celtics, didn’t sit very well with me – eve if it’s not the first time I’ve seen the refs give LeBron James and Dwyane Wade some additional help.

To put it mildly, the officiating in Game 1 was about as bad as I’ve ever seen with Ray Allen and Doc Rivers being on the receiving end of two of the worst – and strangest - technical foul calls I have ever seen.

Rivers was given a tech for simply screaming, "C'mon, Eddie," at referee Ed Malloy while Allen, one of the league’s classiest players of all-time, was handed a tech for simply clapping his hand – while turning away from the referee.

"I know mine wasn't (deserved). I can tell you that much," said Rivers, whose team got hit with three individual technicals, a delay of game and an illegal defense call. "I don't know how long I've been in this league, but that has to rank as the worst I've ever had. I would have loved to earn it.

"We should never get them anyway. I told our guys that. But everybody has to keep their composure. Not just the players and coaches."

Overall, the Celtics received a whopping four technical fouls with Kevin Garnett also receiving one for half-heartedly batting the ball.

"We just got (the technicals)," he said. "I don't know how many we got, but that's just how it was called."

Speaking of how the game was called – I’m just going to say that it’s nothing less than atrocious that the higher ups in the NBA league office (do you hear that David Stern) feel the need to help their prized Heat receive as much exposure as possible. Ultimately, that may be the only way that LeBron James wins his coveted NBA Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment