Wednesday, April 25, 2012

World Peace my a**! Artest still psychotic!


I’m just going to come right out and say it Eye On Sports NBA fans … Ron Artest a.k.a. Metta World Peace, is a low-life scum of the earth jackass!

I’m sorry, but there was no other way for me to express how I truly feel about Artest after seeing the potentially life-threatening elbow that Peace hit Oklahoma City Thunder guard James Harden with in Sunday’s thrilling double overtime win.

If you ask me, the concussion-causing elbow that Peace threw was clearly (unless you’re blind) an intentional blow – and one that could have potentially been a lot more damaging than had it landed on Harden’s temple instead of just a few inches toward the back of his head.

Here’s a quote from a South Texas paramedic when asked whether or not a blow to the temple could cause death.

“Yes a person can die from being hit in the temple, we see it all the time in our profession. Depending on how they are hit, with what and the exact location of where they are hit, yes a quick or sharp blow to the temple could be very damaging, even causing death. The blow could potentially penetrate through the skin and bone causing brain damage or death. If hit with something flat or blunt it could potentially cause a hemorrhage or a skull fracture, thereby causing shards of bone to lodge into the brain thus leading to brain damage or death. – Anonymous paramedic

Now, I’m an ‘old-school’ kinda’ guy that has always liked a little bit of physicality (I’m talking Mo Lucas people) but what Artest did was absolutely sickening – and cowardly – to boot!

If I were NBA commissioner, Artest would get suspended for the remainder to the postseason so he can have plenty of time to think about his actions before next season.

Ironically, I’ve long been a Ron Artest supporter, when some folks wanted to paint his as the anti-Christ following the Malice in the Palace incident a few years back, but I can’t look the other way on this one, no matter how much I ‘liked’ Peace or Artest or whatever the hell you want to call him.

One more league-tarnishing incident from Artest and I say he should be blackballed from the league for good. Remember, three strikes and you’re out – and Artest is undoubtedly on strike two now!

No comments:

Post a Comment