Monday, February 13, 2012

It’s RG3 if you ask me!

Passing on 'RG3' as the No. 1
overall NFL Draft pick could be an
epic mistake for the Indianapolis Colts. 

Okay EyeOn Sports football lovers, I know Stanford’s Andrew Luck has been deemed the consensus overall No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft for at least the last two seasons, but for me, I’d take Baylor’s Heisman Trophy-winning Robert Griffin III, the aptly nicknamed, RG!

While I do believe that Luck is the more, NFL-ready quarterback right now – and one that should go on to have a very productive career, passing on Griffin III could be a mistake of epic proportions, particularly seeing how important it is to have a mobile quarterback in today’s high-speed, high-impact era.

Eye On Sports would take Heisman Trophy winner
Robert Griffin III with the No. 1 overall draft pick.
What makes RG3 even more attractive to me – and many NFL folks around the league – is the stunning success that Carolina Panthers phenom Cam Newton unfurled in his very first season in the league.

Not only that, but Griffin is also known as a studious kind of guy that loves learning and has a work ethic that is second to none, questions that critics tried to put on Newton prior to last year’s NFL Draft.

Like Newton, Griffin genuinely believes e should be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and made that fact very clear at last week’s Super Bowl media functions.

Call me crazy, gridiron gang, but if I were running the Indianapolis Colts, I’d take Robert Griffin III with the top overall pick in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment