Monday, February 13, 2012

Lin and Notrious B.I.G. Forever ‘Lin-ked’ Together in Infamy!

The late, great Christopher Wallace, more widely knows as the Notorious B.I.G.
Okay Eye On Sports, I know you’re probably wondering what the hell Jeremy Lin and the late Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace have in common.

Well, for some strange reason, the more I thought about Lin’s fantastic play for the Knicks recently, the more I kept thinking about these famous lyrics from one of the greatest rap artists of all-time.

It was all a dream
I used to read Word Up magazine
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine 

I'm blowin' up like you thought I would
Call the crib, same number same hood
It's all good 
 - Notorious B.I.G.

Okay, Jeremy Lin, Eye On Sports sees you've
got your Michael Jordan tongue-wag down cold!
Not only is Lin ‘blowin up’ like crazy these days, but he’s also got Twitter blowin’ up in a big way as everyone from NBA players to NFL players and celebrities weight in on the player that took the league by storm this season – and deservedly so.

"Jeremy 'Kobe Wuz Smokin'
But I Wasn't Joke-'Lin.
Tonight Was NO FLUKE. I Seen It Wit' My Own 4 EYES.
JLin Is LEGIT.NBA DEAL WITH IT.YA-DIG???"
 --
Filmmaker and Knicks fan Spike Lee
on Jeremy Lin, via Twitter
Here’s what people are saying about the league's first American-born player of Chinese or Taiwanese descent.

"I don't want to leave this game.....dude Jeremy Lin!! OMGGGGGGGG man I dnt wana go to shootaround" -- Sparks forward Candace Parker
  
"Incredibly special to sit courtside tonight and witness the emergence of a New York Knick star - Jeremy Lin." --  WWE Star and action star - Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

"I'm so blessed to be an athlete in this town. Man this is #LINsanity" -- Giants defensive end Justin Tuck

"OMG!!!!!! Jeremy Lin is putting on a show!!!!! This is a Great Story, the man was sleepin on his teammates couch! now MSG is chanting M-V-P!" -- Suns forward Jared Dudley

"Jeremy Lin is killing right now, I'm always rooting for the underdogs" -- Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay

"In a bar in Tarrytown, everyone cheering for Jeremy Lin. I've never seen anything like it. #Lin-tastic. -- NFL broadcaster Boomer Esiason

No comments:

Post a Comment