Friday, January 06, 2012

The Wheels on the Bus Go ‘Round and ‘Round

Apparently, Oakland Raiders head coach Hue Jackson doesn’t just throw people under the bus – he rolls right over them all in one fell swoop.  

Jackson went on a strange, ‘organization-wide’ rant in which he ripped everyone except the hotdog vendors, following his team’s season-ending 38-26 loss to the San Diego Chargers in a contest that could have catapulted them into the postseason.

"I'm pissed at my team. At some point in time as a group of men you go in the game and you can say whatever you want about coaches, you win the game. Here's your time. Here's your time to make some plays," Jackson said about his underachieving players. "We didn't get them stopped and we didn't make enough plays. Yeah, I'm pissed at the team. Like I tell them, I always put it on me, but I am pissed at my team because when you have those kind of opportunities, you've got to do it and we didn't do it."

Okay Hue, now tell us how you really feel.

"I know one thing, this team needs an attitude adjustment," Jackson added. "The killer instinct has got to exist here. It's something I've talked about. When you don't finish games at the end like we haven't, this has been going on all year. I mean, this feeling I've had has been there all year and you try to change it, change it, change it and I haven't been able to get it changed. I know what needs to happen and we'll move forward."

Maybe it’s me, but I find it quite funny how Jackson barely even mentioned himself in all of this mess – while also wondering just how hard any of Oakland’s returning players will play for Jackson after seeing how much he had their backs this season.


If Jackson’s next season with the Raiders turns out to be his last (it will) then maybe he can chalk up his eminent firing to a case of ‘foot in mouth’.  

No comments:

Post a Comment