Saturday, July 07, 2012

Say it ain’t so Ray!


Many Celtics fans view Ray Allen as a
traitor for signing with the Miami Heat.
Is it me Eye On Sports NBA fans, but are you just a tad upset that Ray Allen took half of the money he could have gotten from Boston in order to join the Celtics’ biggest and most bitter rivals, the front-running Miami Heat?

I know Allen mot likely left because he got his little feelings hurt with last season’s news that Boston tried to trade him to Memphis for O.J. Mayo before it was rescinded, but I’m still in shock that a player would join any team that he’s been trying like hell to beat for the last five years.

I know I’m a bit old school, but to me, it just won’t seem right seeing Ray Allen in a Miami Heat jersey, routinely going up against his former Celtics’ teammates. However, I will say that Allen’s move does add some serious drama to what was already a tension-filled battle between two ballclubs that really don’t like each other at all.

Still, I see Allen’s move to Miami as a sad, soul-selling attempt to ride the coattails of Miami’s Big Three and win another championship or two before he rides off into the sunset as the NBA’s most prolific three-point shooter ever.

Even sadder is the fact that Allen must believe that winning another title or two before he’s done is somehow going to add to his reputation as a winner, when in reality, all Allen did was lose a small measure of respect from a nation full of Celtics fans – and Miami Heat haters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment