Tuesday, February 28, 2012

ESPN’s Stephen Smith puts the ‘A’ in ass!

Stephen A. Smith voices his
opinion, but some say, too much.

I’ve never been the type of person – or writer – to hold back exactly how I feel on any particular subject and Lord knows I’ve got some absolutely unadulterated thoughts floating around in the old noggin’ this morning.

Let me start by saying that ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith is a s**t-talking, know-it-all jackass of epic proportions (even more than me).

While I do like Smith’s tell-it-like-it-is style, I often get tired of hearing the loudmouth’s often ‘holier than thou’ tones cascading down on whomever he puts in his crosshairs on any given day.

In the case of Jeremy Lin, Smith actually seemed to take some enjoyment out of the fact that the rookie struggled mightily in going 1-for-11 from the field against LeBron James and the Heat last week.

Smith’s often overly aggressive style is grating on the ears and generally makes him come off like know-it-all jackass! Then again, maybe I shouldn’t be ripping on my media colleague so hard, but hearing him defend a jerk like Allen Iverson for years – while quickly ripping on the young Lin just weeks into his new role as a starting NBA point guard, just makes me sick to my stomach.


What are your thoughts on Smith and his outspoken style? Sound off in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Yeah I can't stand him either, he just yells over people, but then again that's how sports shows are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:50 PM

    And he is a racist

    ReplyDelete