Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ed Reed Tellin’ It Like it T-I Tis!

Daaaaaamn, Eye On Sports football lovers!

On Monday, Baltimore Ravens future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed told satellite radio listeners just what he thought of quarterback Joe Flacco’s performance against the Houston Texans in the team’s hard-fought 20-13 win on Sunday – and it mirrors my thoughts exactly.

Here’s what Reed told reporters on Monday.

"I think Joe was kind of rattled a little bit by (Houston's) defense," Reed said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday. "(The Texans) had a lot of guys in the box on him. And, I mean, they were getting to him. I think a couple times he needed to get rid of the ball. I don't know how much of the play-calling ... but it just didn't look like he had a hold on the offense. ... It was just kind of like (Baltimore's coaches) was telling him to do, throw the ball or get it here, you know, get it to certain guys. And he can't play like that."

Flacco completed just 14 of 27 passes for 176 yards, though he did throw two TD passes in the narrow win. Baltimore generated just 109 yards of offense after halftime – and if you ask me – I agree with Reed – Joe Flacco looked absolutely scared to me throughout much of the game – and at this point, I’m just not too sure he’s capable of being a prime time leader.

In spite of having one of the biggest arms in the game today, Flacco has the look of a quarterback that just wants to manage the game – not go out and win it!

No comments:

Post a Comment