Thursday, December 22, 2011

Brothers Battle Over the League’s Best Back!

Okay, I was prepared to write a short blurb describing my feelings on Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy being the best back in the league – until I got into a very real, but not overly heated – disagreement with my brother Keith Branch.

What an educated argument it was too, with both of us sounding like former Rhodes Scholar recipients.

Me: LeSean McCoy’s the best back in the league.

Keith: No, he’s not.

Me: Yes he is.

Keith: No, E, he’s not! His weakness is running up the middle.

Me: They said the same thing about Reggie Bush and didn’t he just bust one up the gut this weekend?
 
Okay, okay … after I conceded that Adrian Peterson or Matt Forte could be ‘better’ than McCoy, off we went again with the back and forth surrounding Philly’s elusive touchdown-maker.

Just to back up my argument, McCoy is ranked second in the league and is tied for the highest average yards per carry mark in the league for a back with at least 200 carries (4.9 yards).

Okay, I’ll admit that my brother’s argument also has its merits, no doubt, with McCoy ironically being tied with Chicago’s Forte and the Chargers’ Ryan Matthews.

Oh – and Reggie Bush has topped them all by averaging 5.0 yards per carry on 194 attempts.


So, maybe my brother and I are both wrong – and to be honest – it wouldn’t be a first – even if neither of us readily admits it!

No comments:

Post a Comment