Monday, February 27, 2012

Henderson Pulls Off Stunner!

New UFC lightweight champion Ben Henderson.

Eye OnSports is giving big ups to new UFC lightweight Ben Henderson this morning after Henderson beat reigning champion Frankie Edgar via unanimous decision in their UFC 144 showdown at Saitama Super Arena in Japan on Saturday night.

The former WEC lightweight champion man-handled the smaller Edgar in a matchup that should clearly set the pair up for an immediate rematch at some point in the very near future.

Henderson used his vast array of powerful kicks to beat the multi-faceted Edgar in  battle that many believe Edgar should have won as the reigning champion.

"I wanted to use my size to my advantage," Henderson said. "Making weight is really (a struggle) for me ... so I want to make sure my opponents feel that pain when we have 25 minutes inside this octagon."

In addition to Henderson’s big win, explosive light heavyweight Ryan Bader beat the wildly popular

Ryan Bader survived a frightening fall onto his neck to win every round over Japanese favorite Quinton "Rampage" Jackson also, via unanimous decision, in the co-main event of the UFC's first show in Japan since 2000.

Jackson however, nearly put Bader out of commission with a freakish body slam in the second round in which Bader landed on his head and neck. Bader bounced back quickly to mostly dominate the former UFC light heavyweight champion.

"Beating Rampage here in Japan is an amazing experience, an amazing feeling," Bader said. "I was rocked a little bit there, but I came back to my feet, and my arm is fine."

Jackson has lost three of his last five fights, and hasn't stopped an opponent since December 2008.

What are your thoughts on the Edgar-Henderson fight? Should this pair square off in an immediate rematch? Sound off in the comments section and have a great sports-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment