Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Penn State Football Done As We Know It!

As a former Penn State student that loves himself some Nittany Lions, I really hate to admit it, but the fact of the matter is that I fully believe that no matter whom the school hires as its next head coach, the once-storied Penn State football program is done as we have come to know it – and even worse – that it will never get back to the level or national stature that it held under former legendary head coach Joe Paterno.

I can just see some blue chip recruit’s mom right now.

Recruit: Mom, Penn State wants me and they’re going to offer me a full, four-year ride to play football.

Mom: Isn’t that the school where they had all of that molestation mess going on?

Recruit: yeah, but that’s in the past and the man responsible is behind bars.

Mom: Yeah, but … can’t you pick another school? I don’t want you going to a school where that monster worked. How do you know something’s still not going on up there?

Recruit: C’mon Mom, that was an isolated incident.

Mom: Yeah, well, you’re still not going there. I don’t care how many scholarships they offer you. There’s a lot of other good schools out there where nothing like this happened. How do I know someone not going to try something on you?

Recruit: Oooookay, I seee there’s no winning this one ma.

Mom: Nope. No way in hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment