Friday, December 02, 2011

Bad-Ass Barkley!

I know that Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck has been proclaimed as the consensus No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft by everyone from ‘Joe at the corner deli’ to expert NFL pundits all over the country, but  I’m going on record right now to say that I’d take USC signal-caller Matt Barkley over any other collegiate quarterback in the country right now.
I know Luck is a gifted player and everything, but I love Matt Barkley’s moxie and fight and believe the 6-2, 220-pound signal-caller has some intangibles to him that Luck doesn’t.

While Luck and the Stanford Cardinal were routed in the biggest game of his career – and one that could have put the Cardinal in the BCS title game for the first time in a half-century, Barkley and the sanctioned USC Trojans rode into Eugene, Oregon and laid a whuppin’ on the Ducks the likes of which hasn’t been seen in years,

Barkley also set a conference record with 39 touchdown passes this season while showing great restraint and accuracy in completing a jaw-dropping 69.1 percent of his passes this season while tossing just seven interceptions. Barkley also tossed a school-record six Touchdown passes in a game this season – twice. Yeah, call me crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Matt Barkley turns out to be the better than Andrew Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment